Saturday, August 29, 2020

Where is your home?

I have had many homecomings in the past decade or so.  The first was into a version of my faith where I could eat and drink God, literally and simultaneously mystically.  I was so famished for that sort of intimate connection and honestly, there is no turning back to another form of the faith.  I am home.

My second great homecoming was in 2014 when I found a recovery group and got sober and eventually more and more well.  I am so grateful for that group of people because they just get me.  I find I don't have to explain myself to them, for while the outward forms of compulsive behaviors that we are battling my differ, on the inside we are family.  

These two homecomings have changed my internal landscape.  I no longer think the way I used to.  Eventually, time will tell if my little actions of love change my external landscape and bless others.  That is not for me to evaluate however.

What I have been finding more and more precious are the little homecomings I am blessed to experience several times per week.  I am extremely fortunate to be able to partake in Holy Communion sometimes 4-5 times in any given week.  This has become where I feel most at home.

Jewel the Unicorn said it so well in the CS Lewis tale called "The Last Battle":

"I have come home at last! This is my real country! I belong here. This is the land I have been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now…. Come further up, come further in!"


Father Jim also said it well this past Friday in his homily.  I was there and was blessed to be the Eucharistic Minister that day.  I can with great conviction affirm that being in that place of such intimacy, where God lowers Himself so insanely low to become our food and drink, I felt more home than I ever have before.  That is my native place, the place that I've been looking for all my life and only now am realizing it.

Enjoy the highlights of Fr. Jim's homily by clicking here, you may find it well worth your time :D 






Remember, all produce on the farm is freely given
and never for sale. All donations to the farm
are tax deductible as we are a registered 501(c)(3).

If you've been blessed by our produce and would
love to make sure others get blessed too,
use the 'Donate' button below to pay it forward.




Fiscal Transparency / Produce Distributed


Contact Farmer Fred by clicking the ‘View Web Version’ 

link below. A form will appear in the right column 

when you do this which you can fill out to email him.

(This note is for phone browsers.)